Blog Demo Design by Britt Douglas. Powered by Blogger.

Homemade Halloween Costume

by - Monday, October 03, 2011

The sewing machine is getting quite the workout at my house these days. If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you know I decided to try and make Chloe's Halloween costume. Did your mom make you your Halloween costumes when you were a kid? Mine did and I knew I wanted to do that for my little one too.

I didn't want to be too ambitious (this is the first piece of clothing I've sewn in about seven years) so I decided to make something simple. She already had the cape and the cutest little shoes and has a tutu and turtleneck to wear underneath, so I needed just a few more pieces for my little Red Riding Hood...


I used a "Learn To Sew" pattern which was actually pretty easy to follow. The fabrics were from etsy seller SistersandQuilters who made a custom listing for me of one yard each of three fabrics from the Strawberry Fields collection by Joanna Figueroa.

 


My little model wasn't cooperating so I put the costume on the mini mannequin I bought last year. I can't wait to put the mannequin and all of Chloe's costumes in a new playroom when the basement is {eventually} renovated. 


Red Riding Hood also needs a basket for her Halloween treats so I picked up this one and made a round basket liner using this tutorial. I'm pretty happy with how the pieces turned out. This sewing thing isn't so scary after all :)

Items:

You May Also Like

0 comments